Meet With A Trigonometry Tutor Near You – Online & In Person Sessions
We provide the highest-rated tutoring service to middle school and high school students in the San Jose Bay Area.
Advanced Trigonometry Tutoring
How Hard is Trigonometry?
Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of triangles, their properties, and the relationships between their angles and sides. Trigonometry can be challenging for students, particularly those who are new to the subject. Here are some common challenges that trigonometry students face:
- Understanding the Basics: A weak foundation in algebra and geometry can make understanding trigonometric concepts more difficult.
- Memorizing Formulas: Trigonometry involves a lot of formulas, and students often need to memorize them.
- Applying Formulas: Even if students have memorized the formulas, they may struggle with applying them to solve problems. This requires a good understanding of the concepts behind the formulas and the ability to apply them in the right context.
- Visualization: Trigonometry involves a lot of visualization, particularly when it comes to understanding the relationships between angles and sides in triangles. Some students may struggle with visualizing these concepts.
- Ambiguous Problems: Trigonometry problems can be ambiguous, meaning there may be multiple solutions or ways to solve them. This can be confusing for students who are used to more straightforward math problems.
- Real-World Applications: Trigonometry has many real-world applications, such as in engineering, physics, and astronomy. However, students may struggle to see the relevance of trigonometry to their daily lives, which can make it difficult to stay motivated and engaged.
With practice, patience, and a good understanding of the basics, students can overcome these challenges and excel in trigonometry.
When Do You Learn Trigonometry?
Trigonometry is typically taught in high school, usually in the second or third year of math courses after completing algebra 1 and geometry. It is often included in courses such as algebra 2, pre-calculus, or calculus. Some students may also learn trigonometry in advanced math or science electives.
Why Find a Trigonometry Tutor?
One on One Tutoring
Trigonometry involves complex concepts and formulas, and a one-on-one approach allows our experienced tutors to tailor their teaching style to each student’s learning style, making the learning process more effective. Our trigonometry tutors identify areas of weakness and provide additional support to help students improve their grades. With our one-on-one tutoring, students can ask questions and receive immediate feedback, which can help clarify difficult concepts and reinforce their understanding of the subject.
Our trigonometry tutors provide comprehensive review materials and practice tests that cover all the important concepts and formulas that are typically covered in tests. We focus on providing students with the tools and strategies they need to excel on their exams and tests.
Our tutors work with students to identify areas of weakness and develop a targeted study plan that addresses those areas. Our goal is to help students feel prepared and confident on test day, so they can perform to the best of their abilities.
Meet Your Trigonometry San Jose Tutor
Trigonometry Homework Help
Our services are designed to provide students with assistance in completing their assignments, beyond what they may receive in a traditional classroom setting. Our team of experienced tutors are available to provide step-by-step guidance and support, ensuring that students understand the concepts and can complete their assignments successfully. This is ideal for students who need additional support beyond classroom instruction, or for those who want to excel in their trigonometry studies. We are committed to helping students achieve their academic goals and succeed in their coursework.
In-home and Online Tutoring
MathTowne has online tutoring sessions as well as in-home lessons for whatever suits your needs. We guarantee our in-home tutors are professional, safe, and knowledgeable for your peace of mind.
If you choose to do remote lessons, we have some of the best online trig help available. Our online trigonometry tutors love to teach math and are highly experienced in conducting fun and effective lessons.
I need help with my trigonometry Class
< 1 min
I’m very satisfied with the progress my son had with Math Towne. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There’s been a noticeable improvement in this school work and motivation! Both Anh and Truccey were very knowledgeable, and my son always seemed happy during lessons. I’m definitely going to recommend Math Towne to my fellow parents who are looking for tutoring services for their children.
Learn more about our Trigonometry Program
Our expert Trig tutors help students master a variety of topics. No matter which high school class you are in, we have you covered. Some of the Trigonometry topics we teach are:
Circles & angles
- An Introduction to Angles: Degree and Radian Measure
- Understanding degree measure and radian measure
- Determining the area of a sector of a circle
- Determining the arc length of a sector of a circle
- Understanding similar triangles
- Understanding the special right triangles
- Right Triangle Trigonometry
- Right triangle definitions of trigonometric functions
Basic Trig Identities and functions
- Understanding the fundamental trigonometric identities
- Understanding cofunctions
- Evaluating trigonometric functions using a calculator
- Trigonometric Functions of General Angles
Plotting & Graphing
- Unit circle definitions of trigonometric functions
- Graphs of the Trigonometric Functions
- Plotting points using polar coordinates
- Geometric representation of a vector
Solving trig identities and equations
- Trigonometric Identities
- Solving trigonometric equations
- Solving right triangles
- Solving applications using right triangles
Sine, Cosine, & Tangent
- Sum and difference formulas for the cosine, sine, and tangent functions
- The Double-Angle and Half-Angle Formulas
- The Law of Sines
- The Law of Cosines
Frequently Asked Questions
How much trigonometry is needed for calculus?
Trigonometry is not really required in order to understand calculus concepts. However trigonometric functions are used to illustrate how specific concepts are used. For that reason, if you’re taking a class in business calculus then you’ll never see trigonometry at all.
Should I take trigonometry or precalculus before calculus?
Most Pre-Calculus classes cover the Trigonometry concepts needed for Calculus. For that reason, if you were given a choice, it is recommended that you choose Pre-Calculus. This will help you be more prepared for algebraic concepts. At the same time, you will still cover the important concepts from Trig.
What’s the best way to help my child with Common Core math?
Common Core math includes certain fundamental concepts. It is not your job as a parent to teach your child mathematical concepts! While you may know how to solve a problem, class specifications may be different.
Communicate with your child and the teachers. If your child is struggling, first approach the teacher and then seek extra help from tutors if need be.